Friday, July 23, 2010

Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas




From: the Sister's Cafe

4-5 T. honey
5 T. lime juice
1 T. chili powder (use a little less for a milder version)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 pound chicken, cooked and shredded (I put some chicken in the crockpot. You can save time by using a store bought rotisserie chicken. If you like a lot of filling in your enchiladas, I would recommend doubling this which I did.)
8-10 flour tortillas (I made 6 enchiladas with 10" tortillas)
1 pound monterey jack cheese, shredded
16 ounces green enchilada sauce
1 cup heavy cream (I followed the other reader's recommendation to only use a 1/2 cup since a full cup can make it too rich)

Mix the honey (their tip: spray your measuring spoon with cooking spray before measuring out the honey), lime juice, chili powder and garlic together and toss with the shredded chicken. Let it marinate for at least 1/2 hour (or toss together in a Ziploc bag and let it sit in the fridge for a few hours). Pour about 1/2 cup enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9X13 baking pan. Fill flour tortillas with chicken and shredded cheese (and a little enchilada sauce), saving about 1 cup of cheese to sprinkle on top of enchiladas. Mix the remaining enchilada sauce with the cream and leftover marinade. Pour sauce on top of the enchiladas and sprinkle with cheese. *Both my sisters both made this and said they didn't have enough sauce. I don't know how because when I make it there is tons. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until brown and crispy on top. I served mine with sour cream, pico de gallo, rice and black beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment